Tuesday, September 8, 2009

THROUGH THE EYES OF LOVE (ICE CASTLES, 1978)

"When Tragedy Struck, Love Came to the Rescue." - tagline

One of the most popular movie themes comes from the 1978 movie, Ice Castles. It tells of a young woman's dreams of becoming a champion skater but cut short due to a freak accident that causes her to become blind. The theme sung by the talented Melissa Manchester is well-played during the end credits. The film's score was heard during the opening sequence. Through The Eyes Of Love garnered major nominations that includes best original song in the Oscars, Golden Globe and the Grammys.

THROUGH THE EYES OF LOVE
sung by: Melissa Manchester

Please don’t let this feeling end, It’s everything I am
Everything I wanna be, I can see what’s mine now
Finding out what’s true, Since I’ve found you
Lookin’ through the eyes of love

Now I can take the time, I can see my life
As it comes up shining now, Reachin’ out to touch you
I can feel so much, Since I’ve found you
Lookin’ through the eyes of love

And now I do believe
That even in a storm we’ll find some light
Knowin’ you’re beside me, I’m alright

Please don’t let this feeling end, It might not come again
And I want to remember, How it feels to touch you
How I feel so much, Since I’ve found you
Lookin’ through the eyes of love

Reaching out to touch you, I can feel so much
Since I’ve found you, Lookin’ through the eyes of love

No comments:

Post a Comment