Saturday, September 19, 2009

IS IT OKAY IF I CALL YOU MINE (FAME, 1980)

"Never being happy isn't the same as being unhappy. Is it?"
- Montgomery McNeil


Director Alan Parker's take on the lives and ambitions of students at New York City's High School of the Performing Arts is well represented on the movie Fame. All the songs used in the film are well-thought out such as the one sung by Paul McCrane, Is It Okay If I Call You Mine. A bittersweet ballad.

IS IT OKAY IF I CALL YOU MINE
sung by: Paul McCrane

Is it okay if I call you mine?
Just for a time
And I will be just fine
If I know that you know
That I’m wanting, needing your love, ooh…

If I asks you, is it alright
If I asks you to hold me tight
Through a cold and dark night

‘Cause there may be a cloudy day in sight
And I need to let you know
That I might be needing your love, ooh…

And what I’m trying to say isn’t really new
It’s just the things that happen to me
When I’m reminded of you

Like when I hear your name
Or see a place that you’ve been
Or see a picture of your grin
Or pass a house that you’ve been in
One time or another
It sets of something in me
I can’t explain
Oh, I can’t wait to see you again
Oh, babe I love your love, ooh…

No comments:

Post a Comment