Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I BELIEVE IN YOU AND ME (THE PREACHER'S WIFE, 1996)

"They needed help. What they got was a miracle." - tagline

Whitney Houston, who had her share of storms in life starred in the remake of the 1947 film The Bishop's Wife aptly called The Preacher's Wife in 1996. She plays a choir singer who had marital problems among other things...then came an angel who may or may not be the one they needed help for. It's not her original recording (the RnB group The Four Tops that is) but Ms. Houston manages to have her own sound with the song.


I BELIEVE IN YOU AND ME
sung by: Whitney Houston

I believe in you and me, I believe that we will be
In love eternally, As far as I can see
You will always be the one for me, ooh

I believe in dreams again, I believe that love will never end
And like a river finds the sea
I was lost, now I’m free, I believe in you and me

I will never leave your side, I will never hurt your pride
And all that you turn out, I will always be around
Just to be right where you are, My love, My love

I will never leave you out, I will always let you in
To places no one’s ever been, Deep inside
Can’t you see, I believe in you and me

Maybe I’m a fool, To feel the way I do
But I would play the fool the forever
Just to be with you forever

I believe in miracles, Love’s a miracle
And baby you’re a dream come true
I was lost, now I’m free, I believe in you and me

I was lost, now I’m free
I believe in you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment