Friday, November 6, 2009

FLIGHT OF DRAGONS (THE FLIGHT OF DRAGONS, 1982)

"There was time between the waning age of enchantment and the dawning age of logic when dragons flew the skies, free and unencumbered. Look down there Gorbash, my friend. On the top of the earth below us, confusion and chaos reign. All mankind is facing an epic choice: a world of magic or a world of science. Which will it be?" - Carolinus


Part of my childhood was this animated film The Flight Of Dragons. Based on the book by Peter Dickinson and inspiration by Gordon R. Dickson's The Dragon and the George, it's a story of good vs. evil and of magic & logic. An engaging animation that has everything in it, funny moments and even tragedy. The late great John Denver sung the theme that was heard prominently throughout the film. The song is as memorable as the film itself in every child's memory.



FLIGHT OF DRAGONS
sung by: John Denver

Flight of dragons soar in the purple light
In the sky or in my mind
Flight of dragons sail past reality
Leave illusion behind

Is it the past I see
When I look up to the heavens
Believing in the magic
That I know could never be

I want to go where they are going
Into the world they’ve been
Can I open up my mind enough to see

Flight of dragons, heavenly argosies
Catch the wind, rise out of sight
Flight of dragons, pilots of fantasy
In the sky or in my mind

Flight of dragons
Flight of dragons

No comments:

Post a Comment