Friday, July 29, 2011

MY RIFLE, MY PONY AND ME (RIO BRAVO, 1959)

Rio Bravo, one of the famous western flicks among aficionados of the genre stars the legendary John Wayne. The film also star Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson who also sang together the wistful My Rifle, My Pony And Me in one of the film's scene.


MY RIFLE, MY PONY AND ME

sung by: Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson


Sun is sinking in the west

The cattle go down to the stream

The redwing settles in the nest

It’s time for a cowboy to dream


Purple light in the canyon

That is where I long to be

With my three good companions

Just my rifle, pony and me



Gonna hang my sombrero

On the limb of a tree

Coming home sweet my darling

Just my rifle, pony and me


Whippoorwill in the willow

Sings a sweet melody

Riding to Amarillo

Just my rifle, pony and me


No more cows to be ropin

No more strays will I see

'Round the bend she’ll be waitin’

For my rifle, pony and me

For my rifle, my pony and me


No comments:

Post a Comment