Thursday, July 21, 2011

MAYBE THIS TIME (CABARET, 1972)

One of the iconic roles in Hollywood cinema Sally Bowles was portrayed by no less an icon herself, Liza Minelli in the musical motion picture, Cabaret. She plays a club entertainer who falls for two men during the Weimar Republic era in Berlin. Minnelli sang one of her famous songs in the film, Maybe This Time.



MAYBE THIS TIME

sung by: Liza Minnelli


Maybe this time, I’ll be lucky

Maybe this time, he’ll stay

Maybe this time

For the first time

Love won’t hurry away


He will hold me fast

I’ll be home at last

Not a loser anymore

Like the last time

And the time before


Everybody loves a winner

So nobody loved me

'Lady Peaceful,' 'Lady Happy'

That’s what I long to be

All the odds are in my favor

Something’s bound to begin

It’s got to happen, happen sometime

Maybe this time I’ll win…


No comments:

Post a Comment