Thursday, June 2, 2011

I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU (DAME, 1934)

The classic and very wonderful tune I Only Have Eyes For You was first heard in the musical comedy in the '30s, Dames. Stars Dick Powell and Ruby Keeler themselves sang the theme together. The popular song has been covered by numerous artists.




I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU

sung by: Dick Powell & Ruby Keeler




My love must be a kind of blind love

I can’t see anyone but you


Are the stars out tonight?

I don’t know if it’s cloudy or bright

I only have eyes for you, dear


The moon maybe high

But I can’t see a thing in the sky

'Cause I only have eyes for you


I don’t know if we’re in a garden

Or on a crowded avenue


You are here and so am I

Maybe millions of people go by

But they all disappear from view

And I only have eyes for you




No comments:

Post a Comment