Thursday, April 14, 2011

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE (FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, 1963)

Quintessential crooner Matt Monro sang the theme from 1963's James Bond film, From Russia With Love. Sean Connery's second turn to play the iconic 007 Agent James Bond is on the hunt for Lektor, a Russian decoding machine.


FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

sung by: Matt Monro


From Russia with love, I fly to you

Much wiser since my goodbye to you

I’ve traveled the world to learn

I must return from Russia with love


I’ve seen places, faces and smiled for a moment

But oh, you haunted me so

Still my tongue tied, young pride

Would not let my love for you show

In case you’d say no


To Russia I flew but there and then

I suddenly knew you’d care again

My running around is through

I fly to you, from Russia with love


No comments:

Post a Comment