Wednesday, April 6, 2011

FACE TO FACE (BATMAN RETURNS, 1992)

In my book, Batman Returns is way better than the first Tim Burton-helmed Caped Crusader flick. Bruce Wayne/Batman continues to fight crime and corruption in Gotham. Two known comics villains emerges in the movie, Selena Kyle/Catwoman (deliciously played by Michelle Pfeiffer) and Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin (Danny DeVito). And one utterly creepy businessman named Max Shreck played by Christopher Walken. The british rock group Siouxsie And The Banshees sang the 'lesser known' theme of Batman Returns.


FACE TO FACE

sung by: Siouxsie And The Banshees


Face to face

My lovely foe

Mouth to mouth

Raining heaven’s blows

Hand on heart

Tic tac toe

Under the stars

Naked as we flow

Cheek to cheek

The bitter sweet

Commit your crime in your deadly time

It’s too divine

I want to bend

I want this bliss but something says

I must resist


Another life

Another time

We’re Siamese twins writhing intertwined

Face to face

No telling lies

The masks they slide to reveal a new disguise


You never can win

It’s the state I’m in

This danger thrills and my conflict kills

They say follow your heart

Follow it through

But how can you

When you’re split in two?

And you’ll never know

You’ll never know…


One more kiss

Before we die

Face to face

And dream of flying

Who are you?

Who am I?

Wind in wings

Two angels falling

To die like this

With a last kiss

It’s falsehood’s flame

It’s a crying shame

Face to face

The passions breathe

I hate to stay but then I hate to leave


And you’ll never know

You’ll never know . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment