Monday, April 12, 2010

SOMETHING THERE (BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, 1991)

“Ma chère mademoiselle. It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite to relax, let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents... your dinner.” - Lumiere

One of the most endearing 2D animation ever made, Beauty And The Beast is the first animated film from Disney to be ever nominated for best picture in Oscar. One delightful scene is shown when Mrs. Potts, Lumiere and Cogsworth saw something between 'the beaut
y and the beast.


SOMETHING THERE
sung by: Paige OHara, Robby Benson, Angela Lansbury,
Jerry Orbach & David Ogden Stiers

Belle:
There's something sweet
And almost kind
But he was mean
And he was course
And unrefined
And now he's dear
And so unsure
I wonder why I didn’t see it there before

Beast:
She glanced this way I thought I saw
And when we touched
She didn't shudder at my paw
No it can’t be I'll just ignore
But then she’s never looked at me that way before

Belle:
You aren’t a bit alarming
Who’d have ever thought that this could be
True that he's no prince charming
But there's something in him that I simply didnt see

Lumiere:
Well who'd have thought

Mrs. Potts:
Well bless my soul

Cogsworth:
Well who'd have known

Mrs. Potts:
Well who indeed

Lumiere:
And who'd have guessed they'd come together on their own

Mrs. Potts:
It’s so peculiar

Mrs. Potts, Cogsworth &Lumiere:
We'll wait and see a few days more
There may be something there that wasn't there before

Cogsworth:
We’ll perhaps there's something there that wasn't there before

Mrs.Potts:
There may be something there that wasn't there before

No comments:

Post a Comment