Monday, March 8, 2010

CHANCES (THE BLIND SIDE, 2009)

“You threaten my son, you threaten me.” – Leigh Anne Touhy

Winning the best actress in the leading role for the movie The Blind Side in this year’s Oscars, Sandra Bullock plays the remarkable Leigh Anne Touhy who takes home, along with the rest of her family, an unwanted African-American young man to their home. Five For Fighting sung Chances, a very apt theme heard at the end of the movie when the real Michael Oher appears.


CHANCES
sung by: Five For Fighting

Chances are when said and done

Who'll be the lucky ones
Who make it all the way
Though you say I could be your answer
Nothing lasts forever
No matter how it feels today

Chances are we'll find a new equation
Chances roll away from me
Chances are all they hope to be

Don't get me wrong, I'd never say never
'Cause though Love can't change the weather
No act of God could pull me away from you
I'm just a realistic man
A bottle filled with shells and sand
Afraid to look beyond what I could lose
When it comes to you
And though I'd see us through

Chances are we'll find two destinations
Chances roll away from me
Still chances are more than expectations
But possibilities over me

8 to 5 we're 2 to 1
Lay your money on the sun
Until you crash what have you done
Is there a better bet than love
What you are is what you bring
You gotta cry before you sing
Chances

Chances lost are hopes torn out pages
And maybe this time

Chances are we'll be the combination
Chances come and carry me
Chances are waiting to be taken
And I can see

Chances are the fascination
Chances won't escape from me
Chances are only what we make them
And all I need...

No comments:

Post a Comment