Thursday, December 10, 2009

I MOVE ON (CHICAGO, 2002)


“You were mentioned in the paper today, in the back with the obituaries. 'Velma Kelly's trial has been post-poned indefinitely.' Seven words.” – Roxie Hart

Based on the celebrated Broadway musical, Chicago is about two unlikely women who meet and eventually pair during the course of a controversial murder committed by one of them. Roxie Hart is an ambitious singer-wannabe who wants to be like Velma Kelly, acclaimed stage actress and was the subject for the controversial crime of passion. As expected, the film is fueled with dazzling numbers. I Move On takes the backseat among the ones shown in the film and was heard during the final credits. But nevertheless, the song is engaging.


I MOVE ON
sung by: Catherine Zeta-Jones & Renée Zellweger

VELMA:
While truckin' down the road of life
Although all hope seems gone
I just move on

ROXIE:
When I can't find a single star
To hang my wish upon
I just move on
I move on

VELMA:
I run so fast!
I shotgun blast
Can hurt me not one bit!

ROXIE:
I'm on my toes!
'Cause heaven knows
A movin' target's hard to hit!

BOTH:
So as we play in our ballet
We're not the dyin' swan
We just move on
We move on

ROXIE:
Just when it seems we're out of dreams
And things have got us down

VELMA:
We don't despair!
We don't go there!
We hang out wallets out of town!

BOTH:
So there's no doubt we're well cut out
To run life's marathon
We just move on
We just move on

So put a foot!
We can't stay put!
We just move on!
Yes, we move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment