Tuesday, October 6, 2009

IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE (PRETTY WOMAN, 1990)

"So what happens after he climbs up and rescues her?"
- Edward Lewis
"She rescues him right back."
- Vivian Ward

Pretty Woman, a very modern retelling of the time-tested Cinderella tale cast Julia Roberts as Vivian, the hooker with a heart of gold. Julia plays the role to a T and earned her a best actress nomination in the Oscars and won in the Golden Globe. The theme It Must Have Been Love aptly heard during one of the movie's wistful scenes. The then-duo Roxette provide the vocals.


IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE
sung by: Roxette

It must have been love
But it’s over now
Play a whisper on my pillow
Leave the winter on the ground
I wake up lonely, a sound of silence
In the bedroom and all round
Touch me now
I’ll close my eyes
And dream away

It must have been love, but it’s over now
It must have been good, but I lost it somehow
It must have been love, but it’s over now
From the moment we touched till the time had run out

Make believin’ we’re together
That I’m sheltered by your heart
But in and outside I turn to water
Like a teardrop in your palm
And it’s hard
Winter’s day
I dream away

It must have been love, but it’s over now
It was all that I wanted now I’m livin’ without
It must have been love, but It’s over now
It’s where the water flows, It’s where the wind blows

Oh (must have been love)
(but it’s over now)
(But it’s over now) Now
(It must have been love)
(Must have been love)
(But it’s over now)
(but it’s over now)
Now….

No comments:

Post a Comment